I have a mild obsession with make-up brushes. Well, I call it minor…others call it major!
I tend to steer clear of really expensive brushes, as I’ve had some disastrous brushes that cost a bomb and lasted a few uses before shedding. My ultimate budget brushes are my Jessup set, which set me back only €13.99 including postage for a set of 10 and are really good quality (still going strong 7 months on). Love my Nima Kabuki too…it’s a bonus that they’re Irish too!As my collection continues to grow (I have one ordered and en route as I write), I’m going to try and narrow it down to a few of my favourites.
1. Foundation – Nima Flat Head Kabuki (Nima Brush, €18.00)
Really love this brush, super pretty in white and rose gold, and lovely and soft! LOVE that it’s an Irish brand too. I have my eye on more of these brushes…let’s face it, a girl can never have too many!
2. Powder – EcoTools Bamboo Bronzer Brush (Boots, €13.99)
It’s technically a bronzer brush, but I love it as a powder brush. It’s lovely; big, dense and fluffy, and it lasts forever – I’ve had mine years
3. Concealer – beautyblender (Make Up Forever, €20)
For me, the hype is spot on…I love my beautyblender! I use it damp to push my concealer and foundation into my skin, and it really does give a lovely airbrushed finish and blends everything in
4. Highlighter – Jessup Angled Kabuki Brush (ebay.ie, € 13.99 for a set of 10!)
I adore my Jessup brushes. I got the set of 10 with 5 face brushes and 5 eye brushes, but I think they come in sets of 4, 8 and 12 too! They are genuinely great quality, and working out at less than €1.40 a brush (including postage)…it’d be rude not to!
5. Blusher – Real Techniques Blush Brush 1407 (Boots, €12.99)
This brush picks up the perfect amount of product to make putting on blusher fool proof
6. Contour – Blank Canvas F30 (Blank Canvas, €17.99)
The perfect contouring brush! I used to find contouring really tricky, but the shape of this brush makes it so easy…a must-have for me
7. Bronzer – Sephora Mineral Classic Multitasker Powder Brush #45 (Sephora, I think it was around the €20 mark)
A great brush for giving a subtle glow to your face – super soft and dense to pick up enough product
8. Eyeliner – Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush (Brown Thomas, €29.50)
I do have cheaper brushes which work just fine, but this brush just makes it ridiculously easy to apply eyeliner. It’s tiny, so it lets you do a little bit at a time and draw a really fine line
9. Eyes – Make Up Forever 16S and Face2 12 (Make Up Forever (no idea of prices!)), Jessup Precision Set (ebay.ie, € 13.99 for a set of 10, as above)
This is the perfect combo for whatever I want to do with my eye make-up. They’re all really fluffy and make it so simple to blend everything well
10. Eyebrows – EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush (Boots, €6.99)
A brilliant dupe for the Mac 266, but costs a third of the price. Ideal with my Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade or any eyebrow gel